Friday, February 27, 2009

I have been given the gift of Fridays

I've been pretty busy this semester... juggling two internships, a job, and going to school full-time. I feel like nothing I'm doing is getting done to the best of my ability, leaving all my projects and work, completed... half-ass. So today I quit my Friday internship in Long Beach at a high-end wedding photography studio. I hate quitting, it's not something I do, or usually see as an option, so it was a difficult decision which made me sick to my stomach all day. So now, Fridays will be spent at my other internship. I'll be able to work there three full days a week, while being paid. Hopefully this will lead to bigger jobs which will lead to portfolio work. The internship I quit was unpaid and I wasn't able to spend enough time there to actually learn and get a lot out of the experience. It's sucks though, it was a really fun environment with nice people and beautiful work...
So here's to not being spread thin and making good work. Phew.

No comments: