Thursday, April 2, 2009

Moses and Jello

One of the things I love about my mom is that she keeps a journal. She has done this her whole life... not only does she keep a journal, but ladies and gentlemen, she labels them in chronological order. She's currently in the 80's.


From time to time, my mom calls to tell me, "I've been missing you and I was reading one of my journals from when you were 4...you said the cutest things."

(on mom's jello-making abilities)
I was always a nice kid, soft-spoken, afraid to hurt peoples feelings, thankfully I learned about sarcasm and wit... The jello my mom made was too "rubbery" not soft enough but I couldn't tell her, but I definitely couldn't eat it. So I said, "hey mom, let's just take this jello to heaven and eat it then, k? I know the story is about me, but, I still think it's okay for me to think its cute.

(on the realization that God "does not care")
Apparently I had been suffering from a cold. "Mom, I feel terrible. God did so much for Moses and Noah and He does NOTHING for me!"

{I love how I felt so helpless at age 4 and oddly spiritual}

P.S. Keep a journal. It's good for your soul, it's good for documentation, it's just GOOD.

No comments: